Bob the Builder characters include people who are his friends and neighbors, and work vehicles who have human qualities. They can think, talk, and work along with Bob in solving problems on construction sites and in public places fixing all the best stuff. The favorite characters, by far, are the vehicles, and the favorites are listed below in no particular order. Each has a saying that they repeat on each show.
- SCOOP is the leader of all of the machines. He is a yellow backhoe. His characteristic saying is a cheery “No prob, Bob!”
- SCRATCH is an adorable blue small digger and may be the youngest of the team. His saying is “I’m part of the team!”
- MUCK is a red bulldozer that is often getting in trouble for impetuous acts. In the UK, Muck has a male voice, in the US and Japan, Muck is a female. Saying: “Muck to the rescue!”
- GRIPPER AND GRABBER are often seen together. One is a green and brown crane, the other a brown and green excavator. Gripper will say “Gripper and Grabber having fun together!” Grabber will say the same thing, but use his name first.
- DIZZY is an orange concrete mixer, and is played up as the youngest in the construction yard. She is easily excitable and will often say “Brilliant!”
- ZOOMER is a purple snowmobile who says “Snowed under…”
- ROLEY is the green steamroller who’s signature line is “Rock and roll!”
- TRIX is a purple forklift who has a female voice that says “Easy peasy!”
- LOFTY is a blue crane that lacks confidence and is often encouraged by the other team members. In response to Bob’s question “Can we fix it?” Lofty will reply “Uh, yeah I think so…”
Put them all together along with the dozen or so other vehicles that are Bob the Builder characters, and you have quite a group to keep your child’s mind busy. The team teaches important life lessons to youngsters and there are toy versions of all the main players.