Rice cookers may possibly be used to cook not only rice but also hot cereal, soups, stews, steam vegetables and even desserts. However, not all rice cookers are versatile. Therefore, you have to make sure that you to opt for the best rice cooker to fit your needs.
Features to consider in choosing a rice cooker
- On/Off Rice Cookers. Opt for rice cookers which you can turn off when they are not in use. When the rice has finished cooking, a unit with a built in switch will shut down without human intervention. This is the least costly option but is nevertheless a very flexible appliance. A light indicator will serve as a sign that the rice is cooked. The on/off control turns over to the “off” point as soon as the rice is ready.
- Warm Keeper. A sensor in the appliance that keeps the rice warm for twelve hours. This kind of appliance is pricier but it can be a valuable investment.
- Fuzzy Logic Plus. One press of the Menu Select option gets you ongoing. Multiple cooking menus are presented such as mixed rice, white rice, and brown rice, along with others.
- Fuse protector. Opt for rice cookers with fuse protectors to put off potential fire incidence. This is significant for any appliance in an instance in which you left the rice cooker unattended.
- Pan. Opt for one with a non-stick pan.
- Quick Cook Function. This is the best feature of a rice cooker and gets around the soaking time as it goes right to the cook cycle. This feature is very essential and should be considered by those people who are often in a hurry.
- Texture Setting. The more classy a rice cooker is, the more it allows you to opt for the rice texture you like better – such as softer, firmer or merely regular.
- Automatic Temperature Setting. When the rice is already cooked, it automatically trim down the heat in and maintain it at a “warm” temperature. The appliance will just shut off when you unplug it.
- Reheat Function. The heat up quality warms rice again back to its suitable temperature in just five to ten minutes and after that it maintains the warmth.
- Auto cord reel. Go for rice cookers in which you can keep the cord out of the way so that it the appliance will not accidentally be pulled off its position.
- Steamer Trays. A number of rice cookers are intended for vegetable steaming. The steaming procedure can be set as soon as the rice is cooked; otherwise you can make use of the pan in the steamer to prepare only vegetables simultaneously. Other types of this appliance include a little tray that is placed underneath the rice cooker.