When a person deals with acne they also have to handle all the social stigmas that go along with it. Unfortunately acne occurs for most people during the teenage years, and this is when they are most likely to be teased by peers. And acne can certainly persist into later life which causes suffer to deal with judgements about their hygiene. The fact is that bad acne may have nothing to do with how often or how well a person washes their face. There is still a popular misconception in society that people with serious acne are somehow “dirty”. But the fact is that people with acne are among the best and most dedicated washers around when it comes to daily cleaning. To better understand their struggle, or get a better handle on your own situation, here are some cause of acne that have nothing to do with cleaning habits.
1. Parents pass down many traits to their children, and one of them happens to be the likelihood of acne. If both of a person’s parents had (or continue to have) serious acne while growing up, then chance are their offspring will as well.
2. Hormones play an integral role in the formation of acne because they prompt a person’s skin to produce oil which in turn contributes to acne. This is why most people have acne when they are teens, because that’s when hormones are the most active.
3. Environmental factors can lead to acne such as exposure to the sun, or having a high amount of stress in daily life. The sun is very bad for your skin on the whole, not just when dealing with how to get rid of acne. It can sap your face of necessary moisture and many sun screens will clog your pores so it’s often a no win situation.
4. Smoking is a horrible habit for a variety of reasons, and it will certainly contribute to the development of acne. Smoking will alter your body chemistry so that less oxygenated blood reaches your face while smoke particles will clog your pores. There are many reasons to stop smoking, and getting relief for your acne is one of them.
5. Do you get enough sleep at night? Sleep is very important for our overall health in general, and what happens on your face might be an indication of not allowing your body to heal. Sleep is the state in which our skin gets a break from oil, and our cells have a chance to re-grow and regenerate. It is vital when looking for ways how to get rid of acne naturally and quickly.